NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday addressed the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 via video conferencing. In his inaugural address, the Prime Minister emphasized on India’s digital technology push and stated that the nation is emerging as the most preferred place for mobile manufacturing.
He also mentioned that India has lowest mobile tariff with the fastest growing app market.
* Every village to have high-speed fiber optic data connectivity in three years, says PM Modi
* Due to technological upgradation, we have a culture of replacing handsets and gadgets frequently. Can the industry form a task-force to think of a better way of handling the electronic waste & create a circular economy: PM
* We need to work together to ensure a timely roll out of 5G to leapfrog into the future and empower millions of Indians: PM Modi
* It is because of mobile technology that we are able to provide benefits worth billions of dollars to millions of Indians. It is because of mobile technology that we were able to help the poor and vulnerable quickly/ during the pandemic: PM
* Let us work together to make India a global hub for telecom equipment, design, development and manufacturing: PM Modi
* A lot of young techies tell me that it is the code which makes a product special. Some entrepreneurs tell me that it is Concept which matters more. Investors suggest that it is Capital which is important to scale a product: PM
* But often, what matters the most is the conviction which youngsters have on their product. Sometimes conviction is all that stands between just a profitable exit and making of a unicorn: PM
* IMC 2020 has been organised by the department of telecommunications and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
* The theme for IMC 2020 is “Inclusive Innovation – Smart, Secure, Sustainable” and it aims to align to the prime minister’s vision to promote ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, ‘digital inclusivity’, and ‘sustainable development, entrepreneurship and innovation’.
* It also aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage Research and Development in the telecom and emerging technology sectors, the PMO said.
* IMC 2020 saw participation from various ministries, telecom CEOs, global CEOs, and domain experts in 5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Data Analytics, Cloud and Edge computing, Blockchain, Cyber-security, Smart Cities and Automation.