Four crew members on a United Airlines flight were taken to the hospital after a laptop caught fire and flames engulfed the cabin. The flight, which took off for Newark, was forced to return to San Diego following the incident.
In a freak incident, the laptop of a passenger caught fire onboard a United Airlines flight. According to a report by CNN, the Newark-bound plane returned to San Diego on Tuesday, while four of its crew members had to be taken to the hospital following the incident.
“United Airlines Flight 2664 returned safely to San Diego International Airport around 7:30 a.m. local time after a customer’s battery pack ignited,” United Airlines spokesperson Charles Hobart told USA Today.
He said the laptop caught fire soon after takeoff.
“Our crew acted quickly to contain the device and medical personnel met the aircraft upon arrival at the gate,” he added.
Two passengers onboard the flight were evaluated onsite, Hobart was quoted as saying.