A 3-year-old boy died after a snake bit him while he was sleeping inside his home in Chhattisgarh’s Surajpur district. Soon after his death, his father trapped the snake inside a bottle and searched for a tantrik to revive him.
When you are desperate, you will do whatever it takes to get what you want.
Three-year-old, Ashish, died after a snake bit him while he was sleeping inside his home in Chhattisgarh’s Surajpur district. When the family learned about the snakebite, they immediately captured the reptile inside a bottle.
Ashish was rushed to a hospital where he died during treatment. Devasted by his son’s death, Ashish’s father, Lal Bahadur, was unable to accept his son’s death and uttered only this – “My son is alive.”
Driven by superstition, Lal Bahadur, in search of a cure, carried the snake (which bit his son) in a bottle and wandered around, hoping to find a tantrik.
Lal Bahadur lost all hope after he failed to ‘find a tantrik to revive his son’. Eventually, doctors performed the autopsy and handed over Ashish’s body to his family.
The family then set the venomous snake free.
Reacting to the incident, Chief Medical and Health Officer, Surajpur, RS Singh, appealed to people to not hold superstitious beliefs, which ultimately risk their lives.
He also said that the health department provides anti-venom vaccines that are available in all health centers and sub-health centers in the district.
In cases of snakebites, people should seek proper medical treatment rather than relying on unproven remedies. Not all snakes are venomous, and timely treatment can save lives, he added.